[Marketing] Competitive Landscape: Intel Classmate software offer/ecosystem

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Sep 29 10:19:23 EDT 2009

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes - computers are perfectly suited to interacting with Logo turtles,
> probes, etc.
>
> I had mentioned a couple of months ago that a Curriculum Manager might
> make sense for SL... but perhaps that would be better left to
> deployers closer to the schools?

We may well not have the resources to d it right now. But maybe we should
just acknowledge that.  I feel like there is a desire to delegate important
work to "deployers" a class of organizations that don't yet exist.

Or if we see them as existing already in the many OLPC countries then
clearly there is a need for a Sugar Labs level coordination of efforts.

Personally I'd like us to get more comfortable with saying, yes this needs
to be done but we don't have the resources to do it yet.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove