[Marketing] Competitive Landscape: Intel Classmate software offer/ecosystem

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 09:40:17 EDT 2009

I agree.

In our case, there are two ecosystems I think:

* GNU/Linux distributions
* Systems integrators for schools

The first will grow as Sugar becomes more well-known, which is happening.

But the second has real potential I think and everything needs to be
done. Lots of FOSS integrators want to knock on doors of education
departments and show what's going on during this time of change
towards FOSS. Schools have varied hardware and only a local integrator
can supply services across platforms. We could work on a "deployment
template" to simplify this. I feel Solution Grove could be the
for-profit federator of a template kit, or other support network
(training...); your company is perfectly positioned to do so (at
least, seen from 10,000 meters ;-). Feedback collection could be part
of that. I haven't been able to talk that over with you, but I do
think an integration/deployment business offer should accompany Sugar
Labs software.

Sean.