[Marketing] Online Sugar Labs shop

Bernie Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Sep 21 01:56:15 EDT 2009

El Sat, 19-09-2009 a las 11:57 +0200, Sean DALY escribió:
> Please read through this thread if you could:
> http://lists.sugarlabs.org/archive/marketing/2009-May/001108.html

I'm afraid I've missed this thread.

> [...]
>
> The Marketing team has to review what goes up for sale, to insure it's
> in line with our guidelines. The Firefox model is a good inspiration
> for this, swag is absolutely vital for marketing.

I see.  Would you prefer me to shut down the experimental shop I've set
up, or can we instead select someone who would it over from me and
configure it properly?

> I myself don't care about profits yet, breaking even will already be
> fine since we will have a far greater return in marketing impressions
> if we can move a lot of swag, Of course, if swag generates income for
> Sugar Labs, all the better.
>

> What I would like to do is:
> * benchmark the five or six suppliers I had identified in May, with
> others I may have missed
> * taking into account large orders e.g. 100-200 shirts vs.
> individually printed (may be more interesting to preorder blocs)
> * pick two or three suppliers to get started with (we probably can't
> go wrong with cafepress and spreadshirt and one other who will ship
> where the first two won't)
> * develop the visuals. this may become an endless discussion on the
> lists. Aside from the 12 logos on white plus black (24 shirts to start
> with, not bad) I feel we could do star-marketing of Activities by
> picking say the eToys icon over the Sugar Labs logo, or the TurtleArt
> logo, or Browse, etc. Ultimately we could offer almost any Activity
> icon over our logo
> * Sugar on a Stick could also be in the catalog, but later might be
> better (to accompany the Blueberry launch for instance)
>
> Would you like to work on this?

I'm afraid I'd have no time and skill... this is why I was looking for
someone else to which I could hand over my shop.

I think I could be a good customer, though :-)