[Marketing] Fwd: Proposal: "What's new"

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Thu Nov 19 03:56:30 EST 2009

Looks like GNOME is currently trying to organize their marketing efforts.

Wonder if this is a good opportunity to exchange references in our
press releases and also to increase interest in Sugar from GNOME
developers, who are the people in this world best prepared to
contribute to Sugar's software development.

I think it has been clear after Bolzano that GNOME developers: don't
know what Sugar is, don't know what Sugar Labs is, don't know that SLs
is volunteer based, don't know that Sugar is being used by >1 million
children, don't know to which point Sugar is based in GNOME, don't
know that OLPC is _not_ shipping Windows, etc. and also that a notable
portion of them are very interested in helping out once they know
about us. Has this been the impression as well of other Bolzano
attendees?

Regards,

Tomeu