[Marketing] OLPC-SL_PR_20091119draft

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Nov 17 11:37:43 EST 2009

Nice. Would a mention of the book out of Peru make sense?
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Sdenka_Salas_-_The_XO_Laptop_in_the_Classroom#.C2.A9_THE_XO_LAPTOP_IN_THE_CLASSROOM

I also really like the idea of students making their own books in Etoys.
 Gerald is using this basic concept also in NY State and its going well.

I'm concerned if we focus too much on the millions of books available we'll
get a backlash about how few of them are appropriate for young readers who
are not native english speakers.  Yes mention it, but perhaps back it up
with a richer concept of books and literacy for children that reminds people
of our focus to be THE BEST learning platform for students 5 to 12 years
old.

Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove
Caroline at SolutionGrove.com