[Marketing] [SoaS] Sugar on a Stick Flash compatibility?

Sebastian Dziallas sebastian at when.com
Tue Nov 3 16:55:19 EST 2009

Sean DALY wrote:
> thanks Peter yes the codecs issue is always slippery :-(
>
> Adobe quietly added Speex support to the latest version of Flash
> Player, would be great if they did likewise with a video codec but I'm
> not holding my breath. And of course that leaves us in the lurch for
> vids in H.264, On2VP6, Sorenson Spark.
>
> I'm just wondering if we have gnash in there, if not will we be able
> to publish a simple procedure for adding it?

Sorry, I'm still catching up with e-mail, but finally digging through.

So yes, we're currently including the gnash-plugin package. I wonder
whether it would make more sense to hint at the open incarnation of
Dailymotion, though (I think it should already work out of the box).

Wiki instructions appreciated, I'd say, also since we're now including a
tool to create screencasts in the snapshots.

--Sebastian