[Marketing] [SoaS] updating the draft decision panel report

Martin Dengler martin at martindengler.com
Sun Nov 1 14:59:01 EST 2009

On Sun, Nov 01, 2009 at 10:34:49AM +0100, Sean DALY wrote:
> Again, this is a marketing discussion and in my view outside the scope
> of the question.

I don't mind what we call it but it's darn pertinent to the question:
we cannot in good faith declare it best for the community to avoid
something unless we know what consequences that has.

Tabitha's main question has a simple answer:

> On Sun, Nov 1, 2009 at 8:39 AM, Tabitha Roder <tabitha at hrdnz.com> wrote:
> > Can I suggest we start talking about what method we recommend others
> > use to define other Sugar on a USB naming conventions?

answer: "anything not too close to 'Sugar on a Stick'.  For a
definition of 'to close' that's more formal, our lawyers can talk to
your lawyers.  Informally, just use common sense and we'll try to do
so too."

You're ignoring reality if you think that we don't need to discuss
whether "SoaS" is off-limits, for example.  Is it?

> Sean

Martin