No subject

Sun May 31 08:28:51 EDT 2009

e wide navigation could look like. I actually like Bernie's idea of mak=
ing it more like google's universal nav. I think something like the fol=
lowing would work well:<div>

-devel.sugarlabs.org/</a> - so any information on how to edit the main navi=
gation would be very helpful. We can push the changes without changing the =
main nav once I get finished bug checking, but I think leaving it as it is =
makes the wiki more confusing than it needs to be.<div>

br></div><div>(Dropping systems@ and adding marketing@, as this is more of =
ontributions to Sugar Labs!</div>

he Sugar style elements maintained or added to the Sugar Labs wiki skin.</d=
sugarlabs.org/" target=3D"_blank">http://wiki-devel.sugarlabs.org/</a>=A0ha=
s lost many of the style elements found in our product, Sugar, as expressed=
 in=A0<a href=3D"http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/Th=
e_Sugar_Interface/Controls" target=3D"_blank">The Sugar Interface/Controls<=
/a>. In particular, the bold strokes of the Sugar icons on the tabs, the da=
rk background of the Sugar toolbar with gray-scale icons, and colors holdin=
g <a href=3D"http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Human_Interface_Guidelines/The_Su=
gar_Interface#Imbuing_Color_with_Meaning" target=3D"_blank">special meaning=
</a>.</div>

logo (hoping also that it can be placed so that it also works with the very=
r sites, my favorites for header and navigation linkbars are=A0<a href=3D"h=
ttp://translate.sugarlabs.org/">http://translate.sugarlabs.org/</a>=A0and=
=A0<a href=3D"http://git.sugarlabs.org/">http://git.sugarlabs.org/</a>=A0(p=
rimarily because they both seem to use bold underline strokes on the event =
of mouse pointer hover, and their dark backgrounds remind me of the Sugar t=
oolbar). =A0I&#39;d prefer that the bright colors of links carry &#39;speci=
al meaning&#39; by being revealed on hover, indicating the appropriate time=
 for user participation, that is a click of a mouse button. The current hea=
der navigation links at <a href=3D"http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/">http://wiki.=
sugarlabs.org/</a>=A0and most of the current tab links have this behavior, =
but need the bolder strokes and underscores of the translate and git header=
s. =A0Having the =A0descender on the &#39;g&#39; hang over the bottom of th=
e header area at the translate does add a bit of spice, even if it flirts w=
ith the <a href=3D"http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Marketing_Team/Logo">Market=
ing Team&#39;s Logo guidelines</a>.</div>

 easy-to-read page (especially because of descenders on the typeface), I pr=
efer to have the underscores appear on links only when they are activated b=
y mouse hover. =A0In the proposed skin, compare, for example, the greater e=
ase of reading those links on the sidebar versus the links in the table of =
contents box.</div>

=A0 --Fred</div>

--001636284690db0acc048190f890--