[Marketing] Little Brother the Book

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun May 31 17:36:27 EDT 2009

I'll read that, thanks Caroline!

It's hard for me to make time to read, for the past three weeks I've
been alternating between a pair of Python books in English I picked up
in the UK and David Starkey's outstanding new biography of the young
Henry VIII... prior to that was two books on the Wars of the Roses,
more contemporary than the series on the Knights Templar,
Hospitallers, and Cathars I've been on since my visits to Rhodes and
Carcassonne.

Re Linux image, impact on Sugar, etc. Actually I don't worry very much
about how GNU/Linux is perceived, the bigger problem is its
fragmentation... many people discover a distribution and think it is
"Linux" when in fact they have seen only one interpretation. For
example the Asus Xandros distribution on my EeePC was easy to use, but
the repositories were never updated and "simple mode" was
frustratingly locked-down; that experience is very different from the
Linpus on my Acer netbook, Ubuntu, Fedora, etc. Microsoft has
historically exploited this fragmentation, but at the end of the year
they will have three OSes in production... they may have their own
fragmentation issues

Sean