[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Request for Artwork: Boot Screen

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sat May 30 12:58:48 EDT 2009

Re: grey vs. colors in progress: Actually, I have an issue with
all-grey... users could worry that colors are not working in the Sugar
UI.

I think we should consider colors although I do appreciate the "still

I will post a mockup later expressing that approach; grey dots present
right from the start (ring power!), filling in with color during
progress... the ring "approaching" colors from grey

I would not recommend customizing the splash/progress from within
Sugar... boot time is often a tense moment fraught with impatience
(especially after a freeze/crash) and predictability in how Sugar
"usually" loads is I think desirable

thanks

Sean

On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com> wrote:
> On 30 May 2009, at 16:36, Christian Marc Schmidt wrote:
>
>> I agree with your points--comments below:
>>
>> On Sat, May 30, 2009 at 10:30 AM, Gary C Martin <gary at garycmartin.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Christian,

>>> Yes, agreed, the original boot up is very hard to beat (showing a child
>>> as
>>> central). Just bouncing ideas about here. My only criticisms of the