[Marketing] google grants

Seth Woodworth seth at isforinsects.com
Fri May 29 17:06:01 EDT 2009

Yes, indeed, OLPC has a very comfortable grant from Google Adwords.  What I
haven't had a lot of time to do is fine tune the keywords list and our
ad's.  Laptop.org still has a fairly bad volunteering/fundraising funnel so
it's hard to make a case for spending time on driving more people to our
website.  Currently our adwords grant restricts all pages that we advertise
to be at laptop.org.

In the short term, if SL wanted to help me clean up laptop.org's pages about
Sugar to:

1.) better explain the educational mission of Sugar (not just the technical
details, but the philosophy)
2.) drive / funnel volunteers and interested parties to SugarLabs.org, SoaS,
etc

I can dedicate part of OLPC's adwords budget to this section of laptop.org.