[Marketing] idea for consolidated Sugar feedback + a new name for our "users"

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue May 26 04:47:27 EDT 2009

Gary C. Martin made an excellent observation: if we have "Activities"
instead of "applications", shouldn't we have "Doers" instead of
"users"?

I fully agree we shouldn't have "users" of Sugar Activities. I like
"Doers", but I think "Learners" may roll off the tongue more easily.
Suggestions please.

On a related subject: I want feedback from our Learners (Doers) using
the XO-1. We've discussed this before, but following SugarCamp where
we concluded with a round-robin of our 3-/3+ takeaways (what didn't
work, what worked) I had an idea watching a survivor show on
television... to set up a rope bridge, the hikers threw a small wire
across the rapids, attached to a thicker rope which they then used to
make a bridge with two other ropes. So my idea is to start with a
two-line survey of our Learners around the world:

* What do you not like about Sugar?

* What do you like about Sugar?

Short, simple, to the point... easy to translate... a light payload
for the difficult task of distributing/receiving a survey :-)

Can we start with this "wire", and work our way up to a "bridge"?

Could we ask the OLPC Corps Africa people for help, in parallel with
their formal survey? I have heard they will have one, but I have no
info about it.

ideas please

thanks