[Marketing] Usage scenarios for Sugar?

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Mon May 25 20:39:44 EDT 2009

SL marketers,

With gentle prodding from Caryl Bigenho from afar and our own Kevin Cole
locally, it seems like the specifics of an OLPC + Sugar Labs presence at
NECC 2009 DC are coming into focus.

We are finishing prep on 20 XOs that are part of our Learning Club lending
library, and will be able to deploy many of those in the Open Source
Pavilion. Other organizers of the pavilion are working on finding one or
more regular desktop PCs on which to demonstrate SoaS.

Some of us will likely present at the Unplugged "Fringe Festival" of NECC,
but no one has stepped up to do a 30-minute general update on OLPC and Sugar
Labs. And there's probably enough news out of both entities to do two
sessions. I can do it, but am hanging back a bit because I want to wean
myself from being the default DC presenter.

Question to the list, and specifically to Sean: What kind of exhibit would
be desired for the pavilion? Like type of signage, handouts, etc? I can
donate some money for printing.

I'm also going to reach out to Adam Holt, but I don't expect OLPC will have
any strong directives.

Mike