[Marketing] idea for funding /stories

Rafael Enrique Ortiz Guerrero dirakx at gmail.com
Fri May 22 02:08:33 EDT 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 3:38 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Marten
>
> Our hope is that a local Sugar Lab can develop in every country...
>

> although one of us could send a CD this time, we would certainly need.

An experience with the Colombian Sugar Lab in this regard is that in all the
presentations, conferences and meetings,
we try to give at least some sugar CDs..right now we are in the initial
phase of ''showing'' Sugar to everyone and trying to separate it from the
XO..it's unfortunate but there is a complete lack of knowledge (in Colombia)
of both OLPC and Sugar but this lack of knowledge is worst on Sugar, we are
trying to change that fact.

Also we hope that future sugar labs in the region (maybe Chile, Brazil, Peru
and Uruguay) can begin to do this work.