[Marketing] targeting technically adept teachers

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Tue May 19 10:42:30 EDT 2009

Caroline, the other day on the bus we had talked about the advantages
of trying to reach technically adept teachers - those who understand
the classroom and are able to solve minor technical problems which
would block a non-tech-savvy teacher.

I think I may have found a contact list on the UK ICT Register site.

Listed schools are noted for using ICT ("Information and Communication
Technologies", a bit of a govspeak term) in education.

As an example on their site here: http://www.ict-register.net

There is a section "Other aspects of using ICT for teaching/learning"
http://www.ict-register.net/browse.php?action=list&cat=2&subcat=12&osx1=&osy1=&postcode=

And clicking on it I find this:
http://www.ict-register.net/browse.php?action=one&id=1641&sch_id=307
"...a member of the ICT department was a primary school teacher for 13
years and can use this experience to work with primary school ICT
Coordinators to establish what ICT support is needed. This ICT teacher
can offer Inset for teaching and support staff, plan and teach lessons
for primary staff to observe and involve local primary pupils in a
Multimedia Club which takes place after school."

Perhaps contacting some educators like this and asking them to do a
focus group with SoaS could generate useful feedback (and help us
build positive stories)?

Or at the very least bring the IAEP list to their atttention and help
us recruit contributors?