[Marketing] Marketers: brief summary of SugarCamp work for those who couldn't make it

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:30:36 EDT 2009

I'm back in Brussels after an activity-packed weekend in Paris

For those marketers who couldn't make it to this SugarCamp (I'm
thinking of John and Mel in particular) it turned out to be unwieldly
to record the Sugar meeting, Christoph D had set up a live stream but
the wifi was flaky. I filmed some short "ambient" video clips I hope
to share with you.

So, at our conclusion where we each shared 3 good points/bad points
about the meeting, several of us spoke about the importance of
including those contributors who couldn't make it this time. Each of
the nine (!) afternoon focus groups will forward a report to Walter
who will collate so the insights gained will be documented. I chaired
a focus group on fundraising, an important priority for us to move
forward.

The morning Marketing/School Environment workshop which followed
Walter's introduction and the organization of topics was astonishingly
rich with marketing angles and suggestions I hadn't thought of and
there will be rich material there to cultivate. Document will follow!

thanks