[Marketing] Fwd: interesting, integrated children's laptop

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon May 11 09:29:00 EDT 2009

These are Classmates, and the usual approach is to work with a local
Microsoft education partner to bundle application software (usually
with a kids' desktop such as EasyBits Magic Desktop,
http://magicdesktop.easybits.com/en ) and a security solution.

In the UK, Zoostorm markets Classmates as the Fizzbook
(http://www.fizzbook.org.uk). In their marketing materials, they go as
far as to claim to be a spinoff of OLPC (!)

I have a gen-1 Classmate I will bring to Paris marketed in Italy and
Germany by Olidata called the JumPc. It boots SoaS beta-1 from an SD
Card :-)

Sean