[Marketing] [IAEP] Project process visualization

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:42:57 EDT 2009

Hi Gaurav,
I like your visualization of the social communication process for the
OLPC project.  The icons are simple and fun to associate with a concept, the
cycles nicely emphasize the iteration needed in all domains, and the overlap
with intersections demonstrate the coordination that is needed.

I can imagine versions where nodes would be expanded in subsets to show more
detail of a process.  For example, we could use such a map to explain and
guide newcomers to the software development cycle and community tools.

Could you share the icons and tools you used to allow others to work on
prototypes and drafts for their processes?

We could start using more of these and similar icons for tagging concepts in
our wikis and Sweet software, and we could use the maps as a navigational
aids.

Thank you for your contributions!

       --Fred