[Marketing] referrals

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat May 2 09:49:47 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 22:29, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> In the meantime, our visibility now can be a springboard to recruit
> developers and other contributors - I'm thinking we should mention the
> IRC channel in the next release or the one after - time after time I
> see newcomers with lots of questions and they are pleased to find
> answers & dialogue. As an IRC newbie only two short months ago, I find
> that it is a super-efficient way to establish contact.
>
> So concerning recruiting: we have a good Getting Involved page, but
> perhaps we could work in a way for each team to describe & update the
> kind of help they need most right now? For example, after "Tasks
> typical in this role:" a section "Help urgently needed to:" ?

I think we should take into account that the FOSS community have
specific channels that will be more efficient when we try to recruit
developers, testers, translators, etc

Wonder if we could pick up Greg's brains on this and get written some
kind of "Pocket guide for FOSS projects that want to increase their
communities".

Regards,

Tomeu