[Marketing] Laptops build bridge to Ireland (from Chicago)

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Fri Mar 20 19:06:31 EDT 2009

There's a pretty active crew out in the Chicago area - some good
volunteers that should be tapped to ping on this - some may be able to
chime in here with more info (Bob, Hans, Sheila, Larry, Fransisco, Ben,
Karen, Sarah - are you here?)

Sean, you may want to ping
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/olpc-chicago, and see
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Chicago_Interest_Group - I and others can
intro you to people. They are mainly on the mailing lists (in
particular, that regional mailing list) rather than IRC.

The IMSA chapter is also there - they've been out to Boston to do some
deployment work, have a lot of good resources and are in a good position
to help with this since they're a statewide public magnet school and
have people like https://www3.imsa.edu/president/bio (Max is awesome and
also the former State Superintendent of Education in Illinois) and
alumni (hello, April-Hope and Jason!) who have gone on to do Sugar stuff
at their colleges.

--Mel