[Marketing] Laptops build bridge to Ireland (from Chicago)

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 10:18:10 EDT 2009

http://forestparkreview.com/main.asp?SectionID=1&SubSectionID=38&ArticleID=3934&TM=83377.22

Despite the Chicago journalist being very confused about his
geography, what I really like about this story is that the students
will be communicating an ocean apart.

But, "Teachers are still developing ways to make the most of the
partnership in their lessons".

As I understand the article, the Forest Park (Chicago) kids have XO-1s
running Sugar while the St. Patrick's School, Barrow, Co. Cork kids
don't.

The solution? Sugar, running on whatever St.Patrick's has in the
school connected to the Internet!

I think this is an excellent opportunity to demonstrate the
collaborative nature of Sugar's Activities - because the initiative
came from the Governor of Illinois, whom I understand was instrumental
in organizing the 100 get many give many XOs.

I propose to contact the Governor's office and offer to coach both
sides in connecting to each other and sharing Activities online.

thanks