[Marketing] Award-winnning

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:49:47 EDT 2009

Here's an idea: impactful Home View (and little else) on the first
page of a Sugar on a Stick section of the site to accompany the v1.0
launch months from now.

Super consumer friendly... since we do after all have to guide
teachers and parents through the trouble of downloading and installing
it.

This could be totally complementary to what we have... we could create
excitement about booting up that familiar PC to a totally new world of
Activities... overcoming hesitations.

I bought a Mac Mini last weekend to replace the seven-year-old kitchen
recipe print server iMac which died and when I followed the clear
instructions on the wiki for downloading and installing VirtualBox,
then the Sugar image, I was really excited and happy to see those
colorful icons on the big screen only 15 minutes later. VirtualBox
opened the window to nearly all the screen and my smaller son was
surprised to see it too, he said "hey - that's from the computer for
children! Can I play?"

Sean