[Marketing] Award-winnning

Christian Marc Schmidt christianmarc at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:33:35 EDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 19, 2009 at 9:23 AM, Sean DALY <sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:

> Moma: Oops! Well, the Musée d'Orsay prides itself on its collection of
> upstart Impressionists and Pointillists ;-)
>
> Did you ever see this funny little film about Apple vs. Microsoft
> marketing?
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjTlmm0lM-k
>
> I really like the idea of the Home View on the homepage. I fully agree
> just one look is enough to inspire curiosity. We had thrown together
> the press release screenshot under time constraints, fewer icons would
> make more impact. But there's real potential there... we had spoken of
> a Sugar user community site too where Sugar graphic elements could
> play a "live" as opposed to "display" role.
>
> Beyond a screenshot, it would be fabulous I think to show an imagemap
> of the Home View with links to explanations of each Activity from its
> icon, or even brief descriptions in rollover. This would fit right in
> with our strategy of star marketing of our Activities, putting
> emphasis on where the learning happens.
>
> Christian, what's your point of view?

I think the UI is already featured prominently through the video and the
gallery section of the site. Keep in mind that the UI, while important, is
only the technical manifestation of larger educational goals, so I think the
current homepage serves us well...

Christian

anything at christianmarcschmidt.com

http://www.christianmarcschmidt.com