[Marketing] Award-winnning

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 09:23:27 EDT 2009

Moma: Oops! Well, the Musée d'Orsay prides itself on its collection of
upstart Impressionists and Pointillists ;-)

Did you ever see this funny little film about Apple vs. Microsoft marketing?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YjTlmm0lM-k

I really like the idea of the Home View on the homepage. I fully agree
just one look is enough to inspire curiosity. We had thrown together
the press release screenshot under time constraints, fewer icons would
make more impact. But there's real potential there... we had spoken of
a Sugar user community site too where Sugar graphic elements could
play a "live" as opposed to "display" role.

Beyond a screenshot, it would be fabulous I think to show an imagemap
of the Home View with links to explanations of each Activity from its
icon, or even brief descriptions in rollover. This would fit right in
with our strategy of star marketing of our Activities, putting
emphasis on where the learning happens.

Christian, what's your point of view?

thanks
Sean