[Marketing] Award-winnning

Simon Schampijer simon at schampijer.de
Thu Mar 19 08:16:08 EDT 2009

Sean DALY wrote:
> Bernie - I take your point, but the awards Sugar has won (which we
> cited in the press release by the way) are a key differentiator.
>
> We are positioning Sugar as new from the ground up, optimized for
> kids, and recognized for innovation. This positioning is not "just"
> marketing, but a very effective way to justify the platform that comes
> under it, to answer the question "well if it's just a GUI, why not do
> a Windows version?". We need to bring the "whole new platform" aspect
> in because of the technical challenge we face to achieve one-click
> high success rate installers.
>
> We are very fortunate that Sugar has an amazing graphic look, we can
> leverage that to encourage educators to think differently rather than
> automatic-Windows.
>
> Here's how I would respond to your concern, because it is indeed
> legitimate to question "award-winnning" without proof: let's create a
> static page in the about section, "awards", after "gallery". We can
> talk briefly about how as a totally new interface, it is earning
> awards and list them.
>
> Sean

Good catch, Bernie.  Good response Sean. I think it is vital to always
proof things - so I think at least a link for the words 'award winning'
should be made to a page that states the award. In the PR news we forgot
as well to cite the category (Interactive Product Experiences) the award
was in. +1 for listing the award on the page.

Btw, we state in the PR that the MOMA has Sugar in it's permanent
exhibition. When I was there in January I could not find it and a person
from the education staff did not know about it. Since then, I learned,
that only a small part of the permanent collection is on display at any
time. Just hope nobody else bumps into this like me :/

Regards,
    Simon