[Marketing] Award-winnning

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Mar 19 08:03:18 EDT 2009

Bernie - I take your point, but the awards Sugar has won (which we
cited in the press release by the way) are a key differentiator.

We are positioning Sugar as new from the ground up, optimized for
kids, and recognized for innovation. This positioning is not "just"
marketing, but a very effective way to justify the platform that comes
under it, to answer the question "well if it's just a GUI, why not do
a Windows version?". We need to bring the "whole new platform" aspect
in because of the technical challenge we face to achieve one-click
high success rate installers.

We are very fortunate that Sugar has an amazing graphic look, we can
leverage that to encourage educators to think differently rather than
automatic-Windows.

Here's how I would respond to your concern, because it is indeed
legitimate to question "award-winnning" without proof: let's create a
static page in the about section, "awards", after "gallery". We can
talk briefly about how as a totally new interface, it is earning
awards and list them.

Sean