[Fwd: Some incentives and changes.]

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Tue Mar 10 11:28:31 EDT 2009

This is a wonderful opportunity for Sugar Labs as we enter the growth
phases of our life cycle.

One of the interesting aspects of OLS is the academic nature of the
event.  Much of the kernel development is very practical and
implementable.  OLS provides an excellent forum for the presentation
of _ideas_ about Linux.

So, here is a chance for those papers.  In particular, I would be
interested in hearing more about some of the collaboration and
security ideas voiced over the last several months.

david

To flip Sean's idea of believing in one's own project or product as
the key to successful outreach.

A commonly cited reason for the success of open source software is the
idea of ''scratching ones own itch."  Writing a piece of software to
meet ones own needs is the ultimate example of believing in one's own
project:)