OLPCorps: an opportunity for Sugar feedback

Mel Chua mel at melchua.com
Tue Mar 10 01:32:00 EDT 2009

I thought you folks might be interested in the conversation/questions I
had with Paul Commons about the OLPCorps internship program tonight.
Paul's going to be moving discussions to the grassroots mailing list, so
please reply to Paul on that list if you're interested in the program
itself or the workings of it.

http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/grassroots/2009-March/001151.html

What I /do/ want to discusson this list: given that all these pilots and
all these student internship teams are going to be using Sugar, it seems
like this is an awesome opportunity to...

1) get some Sugar feedback love from teachers through the OLPCorps teams

2) seed Sugar-savvy groups of university students (who can do things
like deploy SoaS back home right away - there's nothing like a local
deployment to work with to keep you engaged)

3) get some great Sugar use stories so we can hear about what our stuff
actually /does/ for kids.

What do you folks think? How can we make this happen?

--Mel