Local project Leiden, The Netherlands

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Mon Mar 9 22:54:11 EDT 2009

Hi Marten,

Sounds like a great project!  Be aware that SoaS is untested in schools or
real world environments at this time.  Thank you for your help in testing it
and getting it out into the world!

My understanding is everything on the sugarlabs website is creative commons
and available for reuse.

Cheers,
Caroline

On Sun, Mar 8, 2009 at 9:59 AM, Marten Vijn <info at martenvijn.nl> wrote:

> Hi, am new on this list.
>
> I am running a repairing Center for XO's in Leiden the Netherlands, and
> XO are still (will be) hard to get.
>
> So I was playing with SoaS for a while (2 days) and decided to add it to
> my service.
>
> Then I played a bit more found some cheap boards to work with.
>
> My foundings:
> - it works with cf-card / sdcard 's / DOM
> - it works on ALIX 1c (and will test more Alix stuff soon).
>
> My project
> I run a media wiki on a school. I would be nice to have some sugar
> instances to work on this wiki. This means some (money) involved. I
> would like to give each kid an UBS drive to work on. So this is about 8
> Euro/kid and talk about 180 kids here. So this is about 1500 Euro.
>
> My questions:
> 1. Are any known (Dutch) organisations interested in putting mony in
> things this?
> 2. Would it be wise to add 1 Euro/stick and put this money in sugarlabs?
> 3. Is there any (Dutch) Pr material I can Use?
> 4. What would be the best way the get good PR for sugarlabs (and avoid
> bad PR)
> 5. If have put a (amateurish) web up to sell pre-installed media. Can I
> reuse pictures and Image from SugarLabs on my site?
>
> Thanks for your time and effort sofar,
> Kind regards,
> Marten
>

> --