[Marketing] SoaS Strawberry release debrief - marketing

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 09:05:30 EDT 2009

I don't mind rescheduling the marketing meeting if that is helpful.
I'd like the two of you present to discuss debrief and next PR step.

We're fine for GCompris and Activities portal - we had decided to lump
them all in together in the Strawberry press release as mentions not
as featured releases. My chief concern is getting something out during
NECC. The Nexcopy site is up but needs work (bad logo etc), if it can
be bent into shape quickly I think we should go for a release
Wednesday the last day of NECC. I have added a number of NECC
attending contacts to our list. Alternatively, we could hold off,
although I'd be very pleased if at least some education bloggers
picked us up before July.

I'm not worried about getting too much coverage :-) we've been very
clear that classroom-ready is still in progress. But I completely
agree that content is the step which will raise our visibility; the
graf in the PR about the Activities was picked up in many articles -
the fact that SoaS has everything, OS/system/Activities/storage.

the idea of the flurry (well, 2 releases :-) is to encourage media
outlets/bloggers who passed us over at the first release to sit up and
notice with the second. Anyone who does a news search will see right
away that we are news.

thanks

Sean