[Marketing] SoaS Strawberry release debrief - marketing

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Sun Jun 28 11:09:12 EDT 2009

On Sun, Jun 28, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Sean DALY<sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> these are good reflections I'll write up an in-depth debrief when I get home.
>
> but a launch cannot be limited to the marketing team, everyone has to
> pull together
>
> There are a number of things we tried for this release which
> multiplied our impact and whch we can use again.
>
> we are shifting perceptions, but in tech where the naysyers are. We
> are not reaching educators yet (at least not publicly, the press
> release went to ed depts & ministries worldwide)

I was thinking about this in terms of something you said about not
doing a press release about SugarCamp Paris.

I believe that you said something to the effect that no one care about
what we are doing.  What they care about is what we are accomplishing.
   You said it much eloquently, but that was the take way for me.

It struck me that when viewed on a continuum,  the SoaS release is an
big accomplishment to tech leaning people but just a statement of what
we are doing to teachers.

Sorry is this was obvious to everyone else.

david