[Marketing] SoaS Strawberry release debrief - marketing

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 26 01:09:03 EDT 2009

Hey all,

Nice work on the SoaS Strawberry release.  Overall, it went very well.

The message that Sugar Labs is more than OLPC was conveyed clearly.
By spreading the risk and cost of developments across several products
or projects, we can greatly diminish the risk to any individual
partner project.

A couple of thoughts for the next release.

1.  Try to keep the marketing traffic to the marketing list.  This is
not that marketing traffic is not important or interesting.  Rather,
all of us have a limited amount of time.  We need to enable
participants to easily and readily chose what bits of the project that
have time to learn about and keep in their minds.

2.  Get on the develop team early about setting a road map so we can
keep the public messages clear and consistent.

thanks and good work
david