[Marketing] [IAEP] [Sugar-devel] picked up by [some media]

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 06:23:02 EDT 2009

I like a digest better than the wiki, I wouldn't want to catalogue
lousy coverage (which some of it is), I'd prefer just enumerating
links. That's because analysis of this is extremely valuable for
identifying and combatting misperceptions. For example, on Slashdot
yesterday half a dozen commenters said SoaS was useless for old PCs
which can't boot USB in the BIOS. Several commenters on /. did point
out links to the boot helper CD, but we also adjusted the wiki
immediately to call out the boot helper and Walter spoke to the BBC
journalist who updated his story. This is the value of
multiple-eyeballing a developing news story.

Good coverage does get updated by Walter in the wiki here:
http://wiki.sugarlabs.org/go/Sugar_Labs/Current_Events#Sugar_in_the_news

I'll regroup links but I do hope those of us who speak the languages I
don't (I can only read en-fr-ru I'm afraid) can assist in pointing out
particularly good or particularly bad coverage

thanks

Sean