[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] Design review plea.. OLPC desktop switcher

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Jun 19 21:15:53 EDT 2009

Hi Sebastian,

On 20 Jun 2009, at 01:20, Sebastian Dziallas wrote:

> Sean DALY wrote:
>> Sebastian is on copy of previous, if he doesn't react shortly I'd say
>> don't bother... press release needs to go out very soon under 1 hour
>
> Ah, sorry folks for being a bit late (had some friends here during
> the evening). Well, as I need to rebuild SoaS tomorrow... oh, it's
> already Saturday, so today anyway, I don't mind rebuilding the boot
> screen package, if it's really needed.

Don't worry, go with what was already agreed, planned and prepared for
the last 9 days or so... I looked at the changes suggested and I'd
need to either rebuild the whole animation to adjust the number of
dots to fit the sequence (form the current 24, as in hrs of the day),
or we'd need to change the number of frames (i.e. add some extra
static frames up front for the logo to display and then a full XO 24
dot cycle). I'm not sure how that would impact your plymouth boot
timing for showing frames. Anyway easy or hard, not going to happen
from me tonight now.

Design Team: Happy to make changes, but I'd suggest a little more
prompt feedback in future, given this finished anim has been kicking
around in public well over a week now, and with a clear indication of
deadline ;-)

Regards,
--Gary