[Marketing] [IAEP] Press release flurry planning (LinuxTag - FOSSED - NECC - GUADEC)

David Van Assche dvanassche at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 13:45:45 EDT 2009

Sean and others....

can we please try and use the term SoaS slighlty more agnostically.
Right now, every time its mentioned it always uses the Fedora backend
without question or debate. I think of it a little like when someone
says write me an office letter (and its quitely assumed by everyonen
that they will be using Microsoft word for this) I spoke briefly to
Sebastian about this and we suggestd, quite entertainingly:

FedSoaS or SoaSora
SuSoaS or SoaSuse
GenSoaS or SoaS(t)oo
DebSoaS or SoaSian
ManSoaS or SoaSiva
CaSoaS or SoaSica

For me, I kind of like the last column....

Anyway, the point is not to tie SoaS to one distro... there are enough
people willing to help for the different distros , and the more
markets the better right?