[Marketing] Dell Latitude 2100 School Netbooks: Dell PR + Dell blog post + Flickr set + YouTuve vid + CNet article

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 05:40:43 EDT 2009

The machine arrived yesterday and it seems very solid, more so than
the Inspiron Mini 10 I just received as well. But, heavier and bulkier
and not as rugged as the XO.

It closely resembles a small US-style 3-ring looseleaf binder. Very
friendly furry School Bus color.

Dell messed up my order and loaded Windows XP in Dutch instead of
Ubuntu in English (and they impose a preboot screen ordering you to
accept any preinstalled software), but I did manage to boot the latest
Sugar on a Stick snapshot (0615) on it. No networking on it (or on the
Mini 10 either) but I had no time to troubleshoot before bringing it
to the photographer's for the Sugar beauty shots. I'll have both Dells
back tomorrow and hopefully running Sugar with networking in time for
LinuxTag.

Sean