[Marketing] Sugar Boot CDs

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 20:06:49 EDT 2009

Hmmm a CD-only Sugar would mean no Journal storage I guess?

It's been done before (I have a Fedora spin with Sugar 0.82 around)
but I've lost track of what the latest one is.

No doubt a boot helper CD without a stick will be confusing... since
even a liveCD will be confusing, most people probably just assuming it
will be software for Windows or Mac :-(

SoaS sidesteps perceptions/expectations associated with CDs.

It would be great if a Sugar liveCD could prompt for a stick and store
the Journal on that; would be perfect for a classroom shared machine,
and an identical liveCD at home could prolong the Sugar experience.

An option to create a SoaS would be cool.

I have no idea how difficult these might be technically speaking.

Sean