[Marketing] Sugar Boot CDs

Mike Lee curiouslee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 23:44:14 EDT 2009

I'm just following up to clarify the deal with handing out Sugar CDs
at NECC. As I understand it, we will be making up CD labels (still
need source art or direction on what to adapt) and burning CDs. Kevin
and Jeff have worked at the NECC open source pavilion before and say
that they had hundreds of Ubuntu CDs evaporate quickly. I think we'll
have to ration ours to give out to folks who demonstrate some mild
interest. If these are boot CDs, we must make it clear on the label
that one still has to download the Fedora utility to burn SoaS onto a
USB drive. If we don't make this explicit, people will think the CD is
an installer or the ready-to-go LiveCD.

Mike