[Marketing] Advertising Age: How Firefox Gets Grass-roots Marketing Right

David Farning dfarning at sugarlabs.org
Fri Jun 12 13:52:36 EDT 2009

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 11:55 AM, Sean DALY<sdaly.be at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://adage.com/digitalnext/article?article_id=137197
>
> An interesting analysis in one of the world's foremost
> marketing/communications titles.
>
> If Mozilla is a "tiny nonprofit" (by corporate standards I imagine),
> we must be REALLY tiny.
>
> That's fine -- nowhere to go but up!
>
> Sean

When I have been thing about marketing, I have been using the term
rather broadly.  I have been thinking about reaching out and engaging
three particular segments:

End Users.
Developers/Contributors.
Ecosystem partners.

Is this the correct terminology?  Or is marketing more narrow with
engaging developers and partners complementary yet parallel
activities?

david