[Marketing] A letter to the governor of CA

Bryan Berry bryan at olenepal.org
Tue Jun 9 23:28:27 EDT 2009

good idea Caroline and here is something else worth trying

I think the Marketing team should find out which companies (IBM?
Accenture? Addison-Wesley?) are angling to win the contract for the
digital textbooks and convince them that Sugar will give them a
competitive advantage in winning the contract.

On Tue, 2009-06-09 at 22:42 -0400, Caroline Meeks wrote:
> I think we should write an open letter to the gov of CA (Sean's idea
> acutally I'm just taking it public) talking about Sugar as a way of
> helping them with their move to online content.
>
> My outline is -
>
> Bad Scenario - The kids who have computers and high speed internet get
> interactive content, adaptive quizzes and video, the kid sitting in
> the next seat gets printouts.  Clearly that is not equitable or
> acceptable.
>
> The Solution - Sugar, on a netbook, XO or a USB Stick and a donated
> desktop at home and existing computers at school.  When connected to
> Moodle we could have this weeks content automatically downloaded at
> school and available at home whether or not there is internet. Sugar
> is designed for intermittant internet connectivity with hundreds of
> free activities.
>
> I think we should be pretty neutral/nonjudgemental about what CA is
> doing and focus on providing them with solutions.
>

> --
> Caroline Meeks
> Solution Grove
> Caroline at SolutionGrove.com