[Marketing] A letter to the governor of CA

Caroline Meeks caroline at solutiongrove.com
Tue Jun 9 22:42:45 EDT 2009

I think we should write an open letter to the gov of CA (Sean's idea
acutally I'm just taking it public) talking about Sugar as a way of helping
them with their move to online content.

My outline is -

Bad Scenario - The kids who have computers and high speed internet get
interactive content, adaptive quizzes and video, the kid sitting in the next
seat gets printouts.  Clearly that is not equitable or acceptable.

The Solution - Sugar, on a netbook, XO or a USB Stick and a donated desktop
at home and existing computers at school.  When connected to Moodle we could
have this weeks content automatically downloaded at school and available at
home whether or not there is internet. Sugar is designed for intermittant
internet connectivity with hundreds of free activities.

I think we should be pretty neutral/nonjudgemental about what CA is doing
and focus on providing them with solutions.

--
Caroline Meeks
Solution Grove

617-500-3488 - Office