[Marketing] Balloons, a booth marketer's best friend. However...

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Fri Jun 5 18:57:39 EDT 2009

On 5 Jun 2009, at 15:23, Sean DALY wrote:

> I wish to bring balloons to the LinuxTag booth.

I grant your wish, your may bring on the balloons! :-)

> Balloons are festive, colorful, and attract attention. They are easy
> to transport and "break" down. They can be given away to lucky
> recipients (kids in particular :-). Popped balloons can easily be
> replaced. And... they are inexpensive :-)
>
> Some of you may remember the balloons floating about SugarCamp's
> Saturday session...
>
> I'm looking at Sugar Labs branded balloons, but to keep costs down I'd
> want to go one-color ink. However, there's a problem with that: its
> doesn't do justice to our logo, and the 2 promo houses I've spoken
> with want a run of balloons in one color.
>
> So we have some options:
> * Spring extra for colored ink
> * Spring extra for different colored balloons
> * Use the black-outline version of the logo (Christian you had said
> you had done this but i couldn't find it on the wiki logo page)
> * If one-color balloons, which color? Blue matching the banner title?
> * Forget the logo on the balloons and just joyfully have a few dozen
> in all the banner colors?
>
> What do you think?

For now I'd be cool with a handful activity icons in black on
transparent, with balloons being any darn colour they come in (I'd
think of them as floating Activity bundles on string). Dual colour
Sugar logo on white balloons would be great as well, but likely a
lesser number due to cost, and kept more close to booth area.

> Note: the plan is helium, not air :-)

A mix would be fine helium is quite costly.

Bring on the balloons!

Regards,
--Gary

P.S. perhaps the/a small number of Sugar dual colour logos helium
balloons could also have Soas used as their weights :-)