[Marketing] Balloons, a booth marketer's best friend. However...

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 10:23:05 EDT 2009

I wish to bring balloons to the LinuxTag booth.

Balloons are festive, colorful, and attract attention. They are easy
to transport and "break" down. They can be given away to lucky
recipients (kids in particular :-). Popped balloons can easily be
replaced. And... they are inexpensive :-)

Some of you may remember the balloons floating about SugarCamp's
Saturday session...

I'm looking at Sugar Labs branded balloons, but to keep costs down I'd
want to go one-color ink. However, there's a problem with that: its
doesn't do justice to our logo, and the 2 promo houses I've spoken
with want a run of balloons in one color.

So we have some options:
* Spring extra for colored ink
* Spring extra for different colored balloons
* Use the black-outline version of the logo (Christian you had said
you had done this but i couldn't find it on the wiki logo page)
* If one-color balloons, which color? Blue matching the banner title?
* Forget the logo on the balloons and just joyfully have a few dozen
in all the banner colors?

What do you think?

Note: the plan is helium, not air :-)

thanks