[Marketing] [Sugar-devel] [SoaS] Request for Artwork: Boot Screen

Frederick Grose fgrose at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 22:17:01 EDT 2009

I like that a lot.
I'm with others on leaving the version number as well to the 'About my
Computer' panel. (It can be referenced and then read as needed after
booting, whereas the vanishing boot image just makes me nervous about
writing down or memorizing a long number.)

The Green Hornet, would of course only appear on a 'Graphic guidelines' page
for deployments and packagers.

I suggest you try this sequence:

1. a short, blank white field (infinite potential)

2. the small xo figure (just possibly me in a big universe)

3. the building ring and figure (what might be building for me?)

4. the Sugar, and optional custom graphic,  pausing, usually a
machine-dependent variable time, allowing for reading (fixing the name of
this tool and those who built it for me)         Do we want a gray Sugar
Labs opposite the fedora remix?

(5. the living, playable, ready-to-open door to Learning--the Sugar Home
view.)

Thanks everyone!       --Fred