[Marketing] press release opportunity...

Gary C Martin gary at garycmartin.com
Wed Jul 29 21:14:51 EDT 2009

On 29 Jul 2009, at 21:35, Walter Bender wrote:

> Begin handwaving.
>
> LiveUSB came from the world of LiveCD and with it came an "overlay"
> concept to enable writing in what had been a read-only world. It is
> not clear that the approach was intended for more than demonstration
> purposes, in order to show off the power of Fedora Linux. That would
> suggest that in the long run, we may need to revisit the way in which
> we manage user data on our images.
>
> End handwaving.

+1

My gut feeling is we don't want a LiveUSB, we want a bootable USB with
a regular install on it. Ideally being installed from a LiveCD, that
can either directly boot and demo Sugar, install to a USB stick, or
install to a hard-disk. Once booted we'd want the minimum of file
writes to maximise a stick lifetime, and reduce the chance of a write
landing as a child unplugs.

Regards,
--Gary