[Marketing] Nicholas Negroponte quote: Sugar as OS was 'mistake'

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 14:59:47 EDT 2009

I'm afraid Professor Negroponte has confused Sugar the desktop with
OLPC-OS... and journalists are confused too, because most of them have
never seen Sugar, nor a GNU/Linux desktop for that matter.

Most journalists find it difficult to avoid reporting what seems to be
a mea culpa. It's a pity, because so many positive things are
happening too, both at OLPC and Sugar Labs, and that part of the
message didn't get out.

Sean.