[Marketing] Competitive Landscape: Intel Classmate launched in France by Archos; "Cartable Numérique" (Digital Satchel) approved by Education Nationale

Sean DALY sdaly.be at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 03:38:43 EDT 2009

I found time yesterday to unpack the machine, which I also saw on sale
in Paris at a major electronics retailer.

I applied 43 patches to Windows (the Archos is built in China so the
factory images must be dated), installed LiveUSB-Creator, loaded an SD
Card with Sugar on a Stick, adjusted the BIOS boot order and booted
right into Sugar.

Like the Gen1 Classmate, I like the keyboard and the rubber seal over
the SD Card slot.

I'll be looking at the bundled software in a few weeks.

Sean