[Marketing] [Server-devel] [SoaS] The next Step: v2 Roadmap

Rodolfo D. Arce S. rodolfoarce at eyuhoo.com
Sun Jul 5 09:53:51 EDT 2009

Hello all:

I'm actually not working solely with Sugar, but with the OLPC
deployment and the XS..

The feature that i found to be more important is the re-installing of
the operative systrem, beacuse the whole platform is still a little
unstable, the OS reinstall is very usefull.. but the restore of the
journal is very VERY complicated

Daniel Drake made a couple of scripts that were very usefull, which
restores a journal to a temp folder.. and when booting looks for that
temp folder in order to restore

If i tryed to do it manually.. is very long and complicated process..
do-able, but if i think of a 9 year old doing it.. well.. it could be
to hard

So I think that is someting that we shloud be aiming at.. simple
journal backup and restore.. and not only in an OLPC, or XS
envoiroment for that matter.. so even in places without XS (for
backup) or where reinstall is a fast and easy way to get a system up
again.. the journal is the only place where all things are stored

cheers.. R