Re: Getting the message out‏

John Tierney jtis4stx at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 17 16:13:13 EST 2009

Hi there! Enjoyed meeting via video feed.
Just a few thoughts/ideas on current thread.

>I suggested the slogan be "Sugar[land]: Where kids learn and play" .
Like this for Teacher/Student/Parent audience

If you think of Sugar Labs as two sides of a coin:

Heads-Students/Teachers/Parents the slogan:

"Sugar[land]: Where kids learn and play"

Tails-Developers/Software Stack the slogan:

"Sugar-Just Released! Building blocks for the Brain!"

>That's the slogan but we need a catchy mission for ourselves. Something
>that expresses that every kid/adult/child deserves the opportunity to
>learn and play.

“Sugar: A Gift to Your Nation: Global learning that works for every child.”

>The mantra has to be different from OLPC. We have to
>believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to hang out in Sugarland
>and we don't care about what the device they are using or how they got
>it.

A gift? It’s Free!

Global learning? Allows children to be an individual learner in a Global setting!

Nation? Should be usable wherever you live.

As soon as they start asking Questions-The Floor is Yours-Use it Wisely!

>1) Define a support program for countries, both volunteer and on
>contract if requested. Since SL does not employ devs, SL refer those
>requesting support to specific devs for direct employment. Have a
>special support at sugarlabs.org acct/mailing list to handle problems

SEE Attached "Remove Constraints by Leveraging University Model.pdf" for ideas

Hope Your Having An Outstanding Day!

John Tierney