success stories in contributing to sugar

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at sugarlabs.org
Sat Jan 31 12:01:28 EST 2009

Hi all,

recently we have heard complaints about not being possible for
outsiders to contribute to Sugar and also about the only way to
contribute to Sugar is by coding.

Regardless of the truth of that and the debate about how we can
improve, I have thought that may be a good idea to write every week a
short story about how someone popular in the Sugar community got
involved. Also we could use an interview format.

The hope is that by explaining how several people managed to
contribute to Sugar and made a big impact, we can make it easier to
replicate those success stories. Also will be good to give credit to
the good work of many and that may as well incentive other people to
do the same.

Sounds good?

Perhaps we could start by just writing one of us about someone else,
and we can improve every week on each new release. Perhaps we could
involve a journalism student?

Regards,

Tomeu